Gathering employee feedback and measuring inclusion by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
TCS is a global leader in IT services, consulting, and business solutions — with a large network of innovation and delivery centres.
Creating a culture of belonging, where every employee can thrive is one of the biggest challenges. In our organisation we have a hugely diverse workforce with different cultures, ethnicities, genders, orientations, abilities, age groups coming together. Our employee engagement survey highlighted that the 'more diverse' an employee was, the more disengaged they were from the organisation.
We created an Employee Network of Networks. Employee Networks or Employee Resource Groups (ERG) are nothing new. They have been around since the 1960s in many global organisations, and also in our organisation for the past 5-10 years. The D&I innovation is bringing all networks together under one umbrella (Network of Networks), providing an arena for being heard, which creates exponential value and the multiplier effect for our employees, customers, and community. This Network of Networks brought our ten employee network groups and over 1000 employee volunteers under one governance structure, a network maturity model and aligned annual plans.
- Aligned network and organisational agendas
- Pool resources
- Embrace employees’ multiple identities by offering them an opportunity to be part of many networks
- Support and amplify impact across all networks and the wider UK workforce
- 96% of respondents said the Employee Networks have positively impacted the way they feel about the organisation
- 95% of respondents said the Employee Networks have contributed to their work productivity
Top benefits perceived: ‘Increased Sense of Belonging’, ‘Extended Network’, ‘Increased Company Engagement’
- 88% of respondents said the consolidation of the employee networks has expanded their own and their networks’ voice/reach